ROLL CALL BW 4/17 AND 18

Ok, I’ll be there, and I need to know who else.
Here is the list, name and car number.

1. Victor Beraja, 007
  2. Chris Donnelly, 25
  3. Frank Reed, 11

Steffen Thompson HPDE 3

Allan Hauser 320 HPDE 3

Victor why do you “need to know who” else will be there? Are you buying beer for everyone with a spec E30?:woohoo: :stuck_out_tongue: Just messin with ya. I will be staying at the track in a RV. You should join us for a BBQ Sat.

I am working out the details, it might be too tight for me to make it, but I would be in TT or HPDE 3, the TT guys kinda piss me off ((Bart Carter and lapping at light-speed) etc), so I’ll probably go HPDE3 and chill, take tire temps and have more fun. But if I manage to get some parts ordered or a cage scheduled I’ll be doing that instead.

Chris Donnelly might make it… He’s squared away, Frank Reed is close… (as you can tell I am just getting rolling).

Matt Thiemann
HPDE 2, Hopefully moving to 3

I need to know who is racing in the Spec E30 class so I can write my report since I’m the “regional director” until they kick me out since I’m too lazy to write a report about myself, he!
Beer? sure, I’m not much of a drinker but I can buy a case and have it cold so we can chill at my camp. Miller light OK?
BBQ? Sure, sounds great.
TT pissed you off? that’s what I heard they do to really slow drivers, he,he,he!
Ok, so everybody in HPDE, no racers yet? WHY!!!

I’m in Victor. Not sure what time we’ll arrive Friday, staying at the luxurious Motel 6 this time. Look forward to seeing you and the group.

I’m planning on racing - just a few more things to finish up on the car like wheels, vinyl, rear view mirror, transponder, catch tank, padding…but I’ll make it after a few long nights.

Don’t forget the cover sheet for that TPS Report, Victor!

BETO wrote:

[quote]TT pissed you off? that’s what I heard they do to really slow drivers, he,he,he![/quote]Haha, yeah I can tell you tales about my slow ass broken Miata at WSIR in TT with Bart Carter lapping at 1:21.

Great, two more racers, Chris and Frank.
What’s the car number Frank?
C’mon HPDE guys, get your comp license and come play with us.

Hi Victor,
There is a slim chance that I will be there and a better chance if my wife decides to go out of town to visit her mom…
Will keep you posted. #93 J&F racing

BETO wrote:

[quote]C’mon HPDE guys, get your comp license and come play with us.[/quote]You can count on it. I have already done the University of VARA and I plan to do the NASA Comp School with Judy’s people late this year if I can get the safety completed.

Steve Ferrario wrote:

[quote]Hi Victor,
There is a slim chance that I will be there and a better chance if my wife decides to go out of town to visit her mom…
Will keep you posted. #93 J&F racing[/quote]
Well, that’s easy, buy her the plane tickets…

BETO wrote:

[quote]Great, two more racers, Chris and Frank.
What’s the car number Frank?
[/quote]

Steve Ferrario wrote:

[quote]Hi Victor,
Will keep you posted. #93 J&F racing[/quote]

Steve,

Hope you and Shoe Nichols can make it over next week. This might be a good booster shot in getting SoCal moving.
Of course we may have to give both of you a 3000 redline so you stay back and play with us.

Cheers,
Chris

Buttonwillow today - Chris, Frank, Dave and Kieran.

The four cars seemed to draw a lot of attention.

Pic? [file name=photo.jpg size=81580]http://spece30.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/photo.jpg[/file]

The shakedown with Speedventures on Saturday was great for all of us, I think lap times were in the range of 2:14 and put everyone with a prepared car in a good place to move forward from.

My ES was also running well, I now have a very solid idea on my next steps.

1. New Diff the 2.9 is killing my off-corner performance and mid-corner balance - thank goodness for the ETA low end torque though :slight_smile:
  2. Camber and caster in the front end… The lack of stability and camber/caster in the front end killed the front tires.
  3. I need to get some sway bars stat… The rolly-polly handling is killing my lower back.
  4. I have to get started on a cage and a seat, I was sliding around inside the car using my knees, elbows and calves to hold me in the car so I could steer and shift!!!

:slight_smile: 2.19 4-5 seconds off the pace of the prepared cars is a good place to start.

Some pics of us running around.
http://vanhap.com/imgs/2010/April/04-10-BW-Speed%20Ventures/Black/index.html

Hey So. Cal Gang, if there are any other guys thinking about entering the spec e30 ranks, Walter Ford finished a 2.5 motor swap for my 2nd car last month. (It is for sale or rent). The car set some very quick laps in the past with a 1.8 & went even faster last month at Infineon with a new driver, mid 1:58’s. This car has a great history & now a very fresh & fast motor.
Save the hassle of building your own car & buy one with a proven history!

Contact me if you have interest.

Steven Ferrario
805-215-3350

Great pics!! Looking good guys, keep it up and join us soon so we don’t have to run with the crazy HC drivers.
It’s going to be a great weekend, great weather for camping!!