RR1's to sticky?

i am beginning to suspect that these tires have so much more grip that they might be ripping apart the welds on the front of our old cars .

putting new car together should be racing it next month, but my original car ran REALLY good before tires were changed. and now we have removed her engine and looking around the engine bay have noticed cracking in some of the welds. will be making repairs to these before putting another engine back in her.:unsure:

Has the car been previously been wrecked?

Al

of course BF!

but nothing since the change to the RR1 and it ran really good on the RA1 in 2012.

Both of our cars are doing the same as the chassis is tearing at the welds from the firewall.
I really think we should push to allow the e30 vert weld ons for our cars to help stop the tearing. I can’t just build a new car when this happens and just need something to keep my junk intact.

that is a great idea that has been kicked around on the forums for a while and should be allowed now with these new tires!

The directors are not all sold on this. I’d suggest that everyone who wants this change start hammering on your director and also Carter. Adding one or both of the Vert stiffeners is a pretty easy mod for anyone with welding skills.

More welding skills than I, that is. Sheetmetal is too thin for me, I just put holes in it.

I have noticed that between my car and customer cars that we are burning up front wheel bearings more than usual.

Ranger is right. The Directors have talked about the possibility of allowing different types of reinforcement to the front ends, but they want to keep it inexpensive and relatively simple.

On the west coast, we have seen the welds do the same. In fact, we are now seeing some strut tower movement as they fold a bit. Not everyone is seeing this. The joke is that they are not driving hard enough. Their reply is that we drive too hard.

I feel that the rumble strips we have out here are more like speed bumps and using them actually helps bring the car around the corners. I know that sounds odd, but you have to drive it to see what I mean. Nevertheless, some would say that doing so is what is causing it for us. Well, I would buy into that if others who are not up on the curbing weren’t experiencing the same problem.

Again, Ranger makes a good point…don’t just speak with your regional director, really talk with him and show him what you are experiencing. They don’t know what’s broke if you don’t tell them. However, also voice what you feel the fix is and what you, as a competitor, would be willing to do to solve the problem. Allow a bar from the cage to the strut tower? Use Vert supports on the fenders? weld the entire car into one solid piece? (LOL).

Let’s hear it. By the way, should this be posted in another section? Ranger??

Someone lost a hub/wheel at Barber…bearing source? I remember maybe 5 years ago we had a rash of bad wheel bearings…I would be tit is more a problem of mfg…Dont remember seeing anyone doing a wheel bearing last weekend, 3 day weekend at VIR with fresh sticky pavement.

Al