some updates on the spec e30 build

moving the front end into position:

dropping the body over the front end:

wiring cleaned up and coolant reservoir installed:

cooling system in:

I don’t understand why you can’t have this done by the weekend.
:laugh:

you should see the interior :slight_smile: besides, i’m sure bleeding the brakes is going to be fun with all the air that’s probably in the system now. if i was on schedule with this build, I’d have been there. I’ve already missed 2 events that i’d planned to do this year ;(

few more from today:

brake ducting. using factory3 performance kit.

front end is re-painted and re-assembled:

rear end is almost done. waiting on tail lights:

motor is all wired up and complete. going to fire it up for the first time tomorrow. hopefully going to get the exhaust on tomorrow as well.

so, didn’t get around to the exhaust… hood pins are in though lol…

Looking good, Kish! Are you going to NJMP the weekend of Memorial Day? It’s looking pretty promising that I will be there. We have to swing through DC on Thursday but I am hoping to make at least 1/2 of a test day on Friday.

Those hood pins are sweet. For those who haven’t seen those yet, they pop up when they are unlatched. You can see them when belted in - even on a sloping hood like a Miata. Makes it a lot harder to forget to pin the hood. Which has worse consequences in a Miata than an E30, of course.

Where did you get the hood pins? They look really nice.

hood pins are aerocatch. bimmerworld sells them. steve, unfortunately i will be at mid ohio that weekend with BMW CR.

She’s alive!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwRTsL4yZC8&feature=player_embedded

Wow - that’s a nice build!

Those hood pins are too cool for school. Wish I had seen those 6 months ago. :S

Kish, I razz the hell out of you, but that car is uber-sweet. Very nice build. Can’t wait to see it in person. Hopefully it will look just as nice in my mirrors.
:lol:

OMG, I’m drooling on my keyboard as I type. That’s what I want to do with my front end. Wish I had the time and friends to help me out.
Are you keeping tab? How much so far more or less?

trying not to keep tabs lol… i’d say around 25k with everything…

It’s really going to suck being beaten by a car made for less than half that. :laugh:
Hey, somebody had to say it…

in the name of all that is holy 25k?! It is almost too pretty, wonderful build. Just be sure you are ready for the bump draft B)

i doubt half that… did you add up tires/wheels etc? its amazing how the little stuff adds up.

ready for it. i intend to drive the wheels off it :slight_smile: it’s not as pretty in person as it looks in pictures however. the main focus was on making it as reliable as possible. i hate working on a car at the track. been there, done that.

kishg wrote:

There’s under 10 grand in my vastly superior 4 door. :stuck_out_tongue:
Remember…I did everything but the cage myself and am running on bottlecaps and own ONE set of tires at any given moment. My seat is used. I painted the car with a roller in my driveway. I got all the vinyl done for free by a buddy. It’s just two different kinds of car prep. I enjoy being able to ignore the brake dust on the wheels and the rubber streaks on the body when I bring it home. I can still be jealous of your car though. :slight_smile:

Kish, it really is pretty, wtg man.

How did you precisely locate where to cut the hood to put in those hood pins?

by using a practice hood :slight_smile: