spacers for Kosei K-1

Just measured my width and it looks like I am at about 64 inches, so it seems like I could be a little over 2in. wider.
I don’t completely trust my tape measure results, and I know lots of people run the Kosei wheels, so I wanted some advice (I guess I am assuming the Koseis all have the same offset):

1. How much spacer width can i legally run with these wheels?
  2. Any advice on how much spacer is too much/risky?
  3. Any recommendations on good and cheap source for spacers?

Yes, I would LOVE to buy some wheels that don’t need spacers, but I have 8 of these wheels in good shape, and my wheels studs are plenty deep.

They actually don’t come in only 1 offset. The older ones are +27, I have some +38s, and I believe you can now get +25s. My +38s I got from Tire Rack came with a 10mm spacer that is hub centric for the Kosei K1 wheel. You need to find out what offset you actually have before deciding what spacer, but it looks like you can run a set of H&R 20mm and then you can buy hubcentric rings for them from Discount Tire Direct. You will definitely want some really long wheel studs. Anything over 20mm normally gets bolted to the hub and then has studs already in the spacer. I have been running my +38s with the 10mm spacer since my first track weekend, and they have always felt fine.

I looked on the back of my wheels and they have +27 stamped in them.
So if the +15 wheels mentioned in the other thread are “optimum” without any spacers, it sounds like a 12 mm spacer would be optimum for me, and 10mm spacer would put me within 2mm of optimum… does that sound logical?
The K-1s I have need a little nylon/plastic ring to fit perfectly on the hub. I’m guessing that this same ring would fit between the H&R spacer and the wheel to make the wheel snug on the spacer instead of the hub. Let me know if I am misunderstanding anything; I have never really seen or used a spacer before.

[quote=“Gilles” post=58458]I looked on the back of my wheels and they have +27 stamped in them.
So if the +15 wheels mentioned in the other thread are “optimum” without any spacers, it sounds like a 12 mm spacer would be optimum for me, and 10mm spacer would put me within 2mm of optimum… does that sound logical?
The K-1s I have need a little nylon/plastic ring to fit perfectly on the hub. I’m guessing that this same ring would fit between the H&R spacer and the wheel to make the wheel snug on the spacer instead of the hub. Let me know if I am misunderstanding anything; I have never really seen or used a spacer before.[/quote]

Correct!! You could also go with custom spacers. There are several places online that will custom make you a set to your specs.

Also the thinner spacers won’t be hubcentric, there just isn’t enough material to make them hubcentric.

link?

link?[/quote]

http://www.wheeladapter.com/

$150 per pair! :frowning:

Custom!!

We have 57.1 E30 4x100 hubcentric billet heat treated aluminum spacers in stock in 5 mm and 8mm.

What’s the price for 4 8mm spacers from Phil?

http://www.philstireservice.com/

I also have 20mm and 15mm spacers for E30’s