spec e30 winner!

just came home from the first NASA rocky mountain weekend of the season at Pueblo.

Mark Bradley passed the comp school and won in spec e30 today. Mark is the second spec e30 racer in the RM region, but he was in the same car as the first racer, Rich Vogl, last fall. Rich decided to switch to CMC and Mark bought his car.

several more spec e30 cars are in the works.
cheers,
bruce

? :huh: ?

So there’s only one car in the RM?

Bruce, You don’t have a Spec E30?

yes, but it is still on jackstands in the garage … it has come to be known as the unicorn around here …
I also have an e30 M3 racecar, and it is too easy to fall back on using it … I need to sell it!
bruce

the mythical creature :wink:

leggwork wrote:

I’m a little surprised by this? Are you giving feedback on the rule set (I think the answer is yes). Little concerned if you’re not actually racing in the class. Seems a little odd imho.

Jim

Who better to give feedback on rules than someone who is going through a build? :wink:
I’ve been racing in SCCA, BMW CR and NASA for several years - just not with my Spec E30 car. I’m the spec e30 regional dir for RM (where did that signature go?), am an engineer, and am good at rules retention and interpretation. Oh, and I read a lot on the CR list and bimmerforums so I know a lot of ways to cheat. :wink:
cheers,
bruce

CR list? What’s that?

Ranger wrote:

BMWCCA Club Racing

And he offers lots of great advice and support. I can also attest to his driving skills as I watched him go around the track in his e30 M3. Nice job Bruce - but you need to join the fray ASAP!

Ranger wrote:

it’s at http://www.bimmers.com/clubracing/

IndyJim wrote:

[quote]leggwork wrote:

I’m a little surprised by this? Are you giving feedback on the rule set (I think the answer is yes). Little concerned if you’re not actually racing in the class. Seems a little odd imho.

Jim[/quote]

The fact that the Series Director is racing or not is mOOT. The Series Director position is filled with a lot of off track agendas. Bruce is very helpfull on all the forums and his constant support of Spece30 is why he is the Series Director for his region. As his region grows bruce will need all of our help on many different levels.

motormuncher wrote:

[quote]

The fact that the Series Director is racing or not is mute. The Series Director position is filled with a lot of off track agendas. Bruce is very helpfull on all the forums and his constant support of Spece30 is why he is the Series Director for his region. As his region grows bruce will need all of our help on many different levels.[/quote]

I think you mean moot, but either way I don’t agree. I’m sure Bruce is a nice guy and has years of experience racing everything from lawn mowers to sprint cars or whatever. For that matter I’m sure you’re a nice guy too. My simple point is that having, owning, and racing a car for the rules and series that you are charged with partially administering is a good idea. Is it 100% necessary, no since F1, Nascar, etc get by fine without it. But at a club level I think it gives an appreciation for the racer’s (read customer’s) perspective.

I understand your position. I am sure the issue will come up in other regions as well.
As Series Director I can attest to the fact that in the Race is the only place I am not the Director. The helmet goes on and we are all equal with one thing in mind…Winning. The race ends for the Racer and it starts once again for the Director. The Director is One Of The Guys but he also is an official.
If Bruce was racing in another series and had nothing but his title tying him to Spece30 then I would agree with your point.

my spec e30 will be on track this summer! Come hell or family obligations :wink:
bruce

leggwork wrote:

[quote]my spec e30 will be on track this summer! Come hell or family obligations :wink:
bruce[/quote]
Nice job Bruce. The commitment is what I was Talking about Indy Jim!!Let me know when we may join up at an event soon.

motormuncher wrote:

[quote]leggwork wrote:

[quote]my spec e30 will be on track this summer! Come hell or family obligations :wink:
bruce[/quote]
Nice job Bruce. The commitment is what I was Talking about Indy Jim!!Let me know when we may join up at an event soon.[/quote]

How about if the two of you come prepared to race in June at Miller? It would be nice to have something to offset the swarm of 944’s and to have some competition so I can judge how my car prep is going (or failing).

Coloradomark wrote:

[quote]motormuncher wrote:

[quote]leggwork wrote:

bruce[/quote]
Nice job Bruce. The commitment is what I was Talking about Indy Jim!!Let me know when we may join up at an event soon.[/quote]

How about if the two of you come prepared to race in June at Miller? It would be nice to have something to offset the swarm of 944’s and to have some competition so I can judge how my car prep is going (or failing).[/quote]
If I can get the funds I will join you for sure. Some of the other guys were talking about making a run to miller as well. We finally have a field to race with, 10 cars at the next event. You should come play with us.

Miller is doable over four days - I would need to take a sabbatical to get to northern California! But thanks for the invite and I hope you can make it to Miller. The track is good and the facilities are the best I’ve seen.