Stolen #55 NorCal SE30 Racecar Found!!

I’ll post this also for our SoCal compadres…I received the following email from Kevin Nichols today. The extent of damage to the #55 car is not yet detailed but at least the car was recovered and possibly a trail back the the rest of the gear. Here’s Kevin’s message:

[i]"The 55 car has been located. It has significant “drug user” damage. I have not seen the car or pictures of it. Sean Trapp was informed by Tony Zwain that it has been located and Tony did identify the car and has seen the damage. No detailed inspection has been done to determine the extent. Parts, supplies, and scooters have not been located yet. Tony’s truck and trailer were found earlier, they also have damage.

Thanks to Anil Sihg, who owns a BMW shop in Castro Valley (Auto Analysts II, located 19592 Center Street Castro Valley, CA 1-510-582-0201) He identified a guy who came in trying to sell race parts. Thanks to the Concord and Dublin P.D. for their efforts. and Sean and Tony for their diligence. Also thanks to the entire Race Community for spreading the word on e-mail and Forums.

Keep your eyes and ears open for wheels, tires, scooters, nitrogen tanks, brakes, etc.

Thanks to everyone for your concern, calls and e-mails, it means a lot to me.

It will probably be quite some time before this is sorted out and repairs are made once we actually receive the car back. It no doubt will take significant dollars to get back to square one. Hopefully I can race again by February.

Thanks to all,

Kevin M. Nichols
Team road runner
Car #55
Spec E30
NASA NorCal"[/i]

Thanks for the update Scott.

Kevin, I’m sure the NorCal guys will take good care of you getting back on track, but if there is anything we in SoCal can do please don’t hesitate.

Cheers,
Chris