Tech question on radiator catch tank

Hey Guys,

I’ve read that many have converted their windshield washer cleaner reservoir to the required radiator catch tank. Two questions:

1. Is this legal?
  2. Is it practical, e.g. do you guys ever use your windshield reservoir for cleaning the windshield?

Mitch

used an empty gatorade bottle as the catch can. never needed to use windshield washers on track.

+1

I use the reservoir as my catch tank. It works fine and was the easiest thing to install (already there)… and yes, it’s legal. Honestly it’s way overkill and using a plastic soda bottle seems to be the preferred method.

What radiator catch tank. You want me to add more weight. My last race I was 2703 ok back on the diet.

Thanks for the replies everybody. I’m using the window wash reservoir!! Can always change out later if I need to. Mitch

Mitch, are you getting ready to race?? Cal Speedway??

Allan

Allan, Won’t be quite ready for Cal Speedway, but I think I’ll be ready for the last couple of races at Buttonwillow. Mitch

Oh come on…we’ll help you get the car ready. Come on out and run it. Last race at Cal Speedway this year! Steve

Appreciate your enthusiasm for getting me in the mix. But don’t worry, you guys will have a new “back marker” soon enough. Mitch