The Sydistik Ind. Spec E30 build

My questions from the previous post have been figured out.

Now onto the new electric fan I picked up to replace the 2 OEM fans.
I would like to use the wiring from the aux fan, but only have the high speed function and also be able to turn it on manually with the AC button. Haven’t been able to find a straight forward write-up for this. Can I just chop the plug and wiring off the aux fan and wire it to my new fan without needing any extra components? I know I don’t want to include the OEM resistor, so I think I would merge the black and red wires. I read something about using a larger fuse too.

The fan I have:
http://www.jegs.com/i/QuickCar+Racing/635/60-034/10002/-1
I’m thinking 2500CFM should be more than enough.

(click me)

Here’s a video of it idling. The exhaust rusted out over the years of sitting in the barn, so I just have open headers on it right now.

Forgot how the hood release cable is routed in the engine bay. Can someone snap some pics? I know where it goes through the firewall.

I think I read that you can ditch the cable for hood pins. That’s what I plan on doing. Simpler and less clutter.

Ray

My A-pillar cage hoop got in the way of my hood pull release lever so I just cut the cable about 18" after the hood release catch, and ran the cable out through the front grill next to the driver’s side headlights, looped the end of the cable around a wire cable pull piece I found at the local ACE hardware, threaded the wire through a small aluminum cable stop, wrapped the looped piece and cable in duct tape. All good. Hood pins would certainly be more elegant and would save you some weight.

Hood pins are the way to go. You only need 2 and you can maintain the stock motion/function of the hood. You only need to drill holes in the hood because there are already some conveniently placed holes up front near the headlights.

This is still going to be a street car for a couple more years, so I would like to keep the factory hood release for now.
I’m replacing a broken one with a good one from my parts car. Problem is, I took it out of the parts car several months ago so I don’t remember how the cable is routed (specifically in the headlight area).

On another note.
Does the spec exhaust sound anything like this? I kinda like how my cobbled together exhaust ended up sounding.
[URL=http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m89/imagine-02/My%20E30/VID_20131107_141846.mp4][/URL]