torque wrench advice

Any recommendations on torque wrench? What are you using? Is there something decent price with neuton-meter settings without having to convert from inch-lbs and the like?
Any help appreciated>
thanx,
tom

As with everything you get what you pay for…Torque wrenches usually have both scales on them (at least all of mine do). I got three and they are listed in order of usage (from most to least):

1. 34 - 210 [Nm] made by SK [bought in specialized store)
  2. 3.6-29 [Nm] made by Craftsman [bought at Sears]
  3. 74-345 [Nm] made by Husky [bought at Home Depot]

Regards,
Igor

I use Craftsman tools w/ good success.
They’re good about replacing broken hand tools, and mine have lasted. Make sure to store them "loose".
-Vic

For wheels, a $15 ebay one is great. It can be calibrated against a known good dial/beam type (use a piece of hex stock and matching sockets on each wrench). You won’t feel bad leaving it in the car/truck either.

Craftsman click type wrenches are NOT covered under their lifetime warr. If you insist on a click type buy a good($$$) one and make sure their is a cal service avail.

Beam/dial/rod types (NOT the click type) will hold calibration forever. They are cheaper too. Craftsman ones ARE covered under lifetime warr. They aren’t as convenient to use.

Keep an eye on ebay. We have a nice Snap On unit that we bought for cheap off ebay and it works well.

I agree you get what you pay for, but the Pittsburgh click-types I bought from Harbor Freight have done me right. You could buy a Team Dynamics wheel for the price of a Craftsman clicker!

Sasha

Igor wrote:

[quote]

1. 34 - 210 [Nm] made by SK [bought in specialized store)

Regards,
Igor[/quote]

that’s a nice torque wrench!