Toyo Contingencies

Toyo/NASA Press Release

Awesome contingency announcement. The NASA SM Director was adamant that if NASA stayed on Toyos (not moving to Hoosiers as SCCA is doing) the contingencies had to be big and deep.

Fields of 19+ get payouts down to 14th place!! Cool stuff.

awesome indeed!

This is great for guys like you and me Steve that straggle around in 14th place. :kiss:

Better not finish in 6th-9th though with $0.

Must be a typo.

Wow! Some of you guys will never have to buy tires again. I’m glad to see that Toyo stepped up like that.

[quote=“epalacio19” post=61504]Better not finish in 6th-9th though with $0.

Must be a typo.[/quote]No, I believe that is an intentional move to give the guys deep in the field some contingencies. It’s like the 6th place award, only different.

Besides, you have a Stickley. No need to worry about 6th-9th any more. :woohoo: I kid, I kid.

So now I have to decide whether to pass Steve or just stay in 10th and rack up the Toyo Bucks. :smiley: The only bad part is now there will probably be more guys on fresh tires every weekend.

…and still won’t do chit. :whistle:

Can you imagine the reverse position swapping on the last lap? 4 guys trying desperately to back up through the field?

Chuck, happens to me all of the time…without trying.

RP

Steve thank you for the data.

I assume that this program REPLACES the ToyoBucks program, right? It’s not in addition? Cash is always better than certificates.

Nope:

Am I correct in thinking there is no longer a regional championship program. It is no longer on the Nasa website.

Turbo, I’m not getting your confusion. Here’s the links, and it still pays per regular NASA race weekend, just pays more positions now

Program Info:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency/toyo_tires/2012_Toyo_Tires_Regional_Champ_Contingency_Info.pdf

Award Form (must be signed by Series Director):
http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency/toyo_tires/2012_NASA_Rebate_Award_Application-Regional_Races_v1.pdf

I found all this on the main NASA contingency page:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency

I don’t see any info about the regional championship payout.

I would be surprised if they made that change. I have an email in to Pantas and will let you know what I hear.

PS - Rob - Did Grace sell his car? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Steve D” post=63128]I would be surprised if they made that change. I have an email in to Pantas and will let you know what I hear.

PS - Rob - Did Grace sell his car? :P[/quote]

Steve, you silly bitch, you! :lol:

[quote=“Rob in VA” post=63126]I don’t see any info about the regional championship payout.[/quote]I’ve confirmed with Jeremy Croiset via Pantas that there will be a contingency program for season champions. They are working on the specifics of the program with an eye toward mirroring the regular program (i.e. spreading the love a little deeper in the field).

Stay tuned.

The original reason I was trying to find the contingency info is that I couldn’t remember if it was a minimum of 8 races or 8 weekends. It would suck if the whole Midwest region wasn’t eligible because we only have 7 events.

Does anyone have a Toyo Tires logo to be used on a vinyl plotter?