Toyo Proxes RR

The 205/50R15 RR’s arrived at our Atlanta DC this morning. They look excellent!! IMO a better finish and appearance than both the 888 and RA-1. Compound seems soft, but time will tell. Interesting to see the DOT codes were 1412 - So they were made in April. Toyo/NASA have been holding out on this announcement for a while, I’d bet. All the ones we recieved were made in Japan, so beware they might glow in the dark…:laugh:

Here’s a few pics I took with the old iphone. Hit me up with questions.

[attachment:1]\xavier\users\apeterman\My Pictures\RR-1.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:2]\xavier\users\apeterman\My Pictures\RR-2.JPG[/attachment]

http://www.treaddepot.com/images/public/toyo-proxes-rr.jpg

I hear they molded a special “tire marking” area in the sidewall. Can you post a photo of that?

How much weight can be saved by shaving to 1/32"?

Signed,

Racer X

PS - That’s a gentle hint to the powers that be to make shaving against the rules.

Making shaving against the rules just isn’t feasible. How could anyone know unless it’s stamped on the side of the tire that it was shaved. I would love to have the cheapest tires available but Nasa midwest doesn’t even have camber plates so I still don’t know if I will be dq’d for track width on the day that they do or not.

Who cares about a tire marking area. White shows up on black pretty well and you don’t need to read toyo or proxes.

It’s not our job to tell you if your track width is legal, its your job to make sure it is. I can get my hands on the plates anytime someone protests you, so be ready!

Actually, shaved tires would be pretty noticeable unless people wanted to shave, scrub them in elsewhere, then run shaved tires at NASA events.

Maybe, like R6s, shaving won’t help. But if it does it’s easier to ban it before it starts.

PS - Toe plates measure track width. I’m not sure toe plates would give an accurate measurement of camber given tire bulge at the bottom.

I meant toe plates.

Steve - Here’s apic of the sidewall marking area.

Thanks