Wheel Spacers

reading the thread on the studs, I figured I should also ask about spacers. I need some for my old Miata wheels. the offset is very different and I need to use them as my spares… They are nice and round :wink:

Typically, do you know the spacer size required? 25mm?

Do you know a good source for them?

Do you know a good brand for them?

90mm Studs seems to be int he cards for me.

Don’t know the offset of your Miata wheels, but you’ll want to end up with an effective offset in the 15-25 range, so do the math from there. Are the centerbore size and taper the same on Miata wheels? If not, they may not mate up well with the spacers you will buy.

H&R makes the good spacers, but there’s also some cheap junk out there too.

Miata wheels are usually only 30mm offset. So you may not even need spacers. Miata wheels have smaller centers so you need to bore/grind them out.

I run a set of Miata Kosie’s with my rain tires on them. They do require a spacer not to rub. I run a 10mm spacer and it does the trick. The diffrence is the offset and the Miata wheels are hubcentric and the E30 wheels are not. Hope this helps. ALLEN

H&R spacers @ $35 a piece or new wheels at $55 a piece ($105 for new E30 wheels minus $50 for your Miata wheels on Craigslist)… Food for thought.

Steve… hmmm good point… TR’s are $89 a peice, I can get $35-$50 ea. for mine with the old Falkens mounted on them.