Wheels

lmoorefx wrote:

[quote]Steve D wrote:

[quote]lmoorefx wrote:

You’re reading what the rule says, but not what it doesn’t say. :wink:
http://spece30.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,94/func,view/id,37341/catid,16/[/quote]

Very nice! Wow you can really dissect these rules much more than I ever thought. So you basically have to start with a wheel that the mfg says is 13 but can by the rules take another half pound each off them.

But say starting with a 12.5 lb wheel is against the rules.[/quote]
Whatever you start with is fine as long as it passes tech, which means it has to measure 12.501 lbs. as raced, which would include valve stems and wheel weights. I would also argue that tire boogers must be left undisturbed (or collected and weighed with the wheel after the tire is dismounted :laugh: ).

Or you could do what I did and buy some cool looking Team Dynamics wheels and slap them on the car unmodified. One day I’ll get serious about the car though.

“There’s gold in them thar rules.” :woohoo:

Ranger wrote:

[quote]PDS wrote:

I’m pretty happy-go-lucky, and I appreciate a good joke as much as the next guy. But my car and I have been thru a lot. It wouldn’t be my head that explodes.[/quote]

ahhhhh, C’mon now…

You don’t really think I’d mess around with someone’s race car now…

Most racers, and I’ve been racing for 25+ years, would volunteer their wife before their car… Now I wouldn’t, but that’s because my wife is hot! (See I put stuff like that in because if my wife see’s it my racing budget is on more solid ground). Plus, I’m a p****y!

So where is the best place to remove that .5 lbs from without weakening the wheel?

lmoorefx wrote:

The secret is hydrogen. But only for non-smokers.

Don’t do it. I wouldn’t. I haven’t.

Just bolt on some stock wheels and race. If we get to the point where 8 oz per wheel matters, everyone on here will have left the class. Except that cheater Robinson. :slight_smile:

Steve D wrote:

Point of the day right thur. :wink:

Glad to see that you all arnt so uptight! Really all I want to do is race.and round things that hold other round things are really just make the car look good going around the track :slight_smile:

I want to see Rangers head explode…

I think you all should just drill lightening holes in your tires:)

Steve D wrote:

I know it’s bad form to quote your own posts, but I thought you guys would find it funny/sad/interesting (or none of the above) that the Spec Miata Runoffs pole sitter is rumored to be running some type of blown diffuser exhaust mechanism.

This is the same guy who last year ran an exhaust slightly smaller than the spec (spec had a maximum tubing diameter) because his testing showed better power with a little more backpressure.

This year, he rented a dyno for the officials to use. The conventional wisdom is that what he has “found” is harder to find than what everyone else has “found”.

Smokey Yunick is alive and well.

PS - In case anyone cares, the SM race is at 12:30 eastern today. The second race (aka tech shed) starts around 1:15. “Special Shocks” Sammy (momentary winner of the NASA Championships) starts in P3.

What a great soap opera!

PPS - Still hate the SE30 spec exhaust? Not me.

Steve, can you offer any useful links to the soap opera/drama unfolding this afternoon?

streaming video http://www.speedcasttv.com/scca/