Wheels

Im looking to get a set of wheels and just wondering what everyone else is running. Will spec Miata wheels fit and work good on our cars? I know 13lbs is the regulation so im just looking for options and a nice looking set of wheels :slight_smile:

There are several direct fitment wheels for not too much $$$ that are all spec e30 compliant. Team Dynamics Pro-Race from bimmerworld, D-Force LTW-5, TRM C1 from Tirerack, Kazera KZ-M from Tirerack also. Konig also has discounts for NASA racers. Konig Rewinds are direct fit IIRC.

Awesome! thanks.

lmoorefx wrote:

No, but you will generally find the same wheels popular in both classes (same minimum weight, same abuse, same tire size).

PS - If you want to go all Spec Miata on your wheels, get them turned down to 12.5 pounds. That complies with the rule (until I get my requested clarification through). :wink:

Phil’s Tire was running a promo on the D-Force LTW-5’s for $95 or $99 ea, iirc. Maybe give them a call.

I just found that 3 or 4 of my Team Dynamics Pro Race 2’s are bent, after 3 years of use. I have the LTW-5’s and they’re a bit lighter, and still straight. I think either is a good wheel, though.

kishg wrote:

At $70-$75 ea. probably the most popular wheel. An adapter ring is required tho.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]kishg wrote:

At $70-$75 ea. probably the most popular wheel. An adapter ring is required tho.[/quote]
14.5 lbs, though. That’s a decent bit of extra unsprung weight to speed up, slow down, and change direction.

Steve D wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

[quote]kishg wrote:

At $70-$75 ea. probably the most popular wheel. An adapter ring is required tho.[/quote]
14.5 lbs, though. That’s a decent bit of extra unsprung weight to speed up, slow down, and change direction.[/quote]

Steve, learn to drive before you’se worries about the wheels. (Kidding of coarse, Steve knows how to drive.)
Other note to Steve: looking at the Nationals results it is becomming harder to be the (fill in the blank) most mediocre racer in the country, or region, for that matter. Wow…

RP

Patton wrote:

[quote]Other note to Steve: looking at the Nationals results it is becomming harder to be the (fill in the blank) most mediocre racer in the country, or region, for that matter. Wow…
[/quote]
The way I see it Cobetto was 3rd this year & I was 3rd last year. That means we tied. :silly:

Let’s hope the economy is better and we can get 30+ SE30s at Mid Ohio next year!

Steve D wrote:

[quote]
Let’s hope the economy is better and we can get 30+ SE30s at Mid Ohio next year![/quote]
I’m scheming to get much of the SE region to go to Nationals next year. Me and Al K are the farthest ones in the SE region from Mid-O and we’re going. Start your planning now boys and girls. You’re either in or you’ll spend the rest of your life regretting that instead of being part of the Nationals adventure, you chose to be a wuss, wrung your hands, came up with excuses, whined to your he-man betters, and generally got your panties in a wad.

The Mid-Atl boys might win, but it’ll bet the SE guys drink the most beer, charm the most umbrella girls, have the most laughs and big s**t-eating grins, and generally have the best time.

I am planning to be there so count one more Spec E30 racer. :wink:

I have a few great friends in NASA MidWest, there is talk of having a car there I might be able to use. I am not skilled enough yet and it’s been 13 years since I ran at MidOhio, but it’s actually more doable for me to run there than on the West Coast where I live now :expressionless:

i’ll be there with the NE crew to crash the SE drinking parties :slight_smile:

Well I hope to be there too, if I can find the right wheels :slight_smile: Thanks for all the input. Steve what did you mean turn the m to 12.5 lbs I thought the min weight was 13lbs, am I missing something?

Thanks everyone else for the responses, and I suppose the NorCal region would get the most girls at nationals :laugh:

Ranger wrote:

[quote]Steve D wrote:

[quote]
Let’s hope the economy is better and we can get 30+ SE30s at Mid Ohio next year![/quote]
I’m scheming to get much of the SE region to go to Nationals next year. Me and Al K are the farthest ones in the SE region from Mid-O and we’re going. Start your planning now boys and girls. You’re either in or you’ll spend the rest of your life regretting that instead of being part of the Nationals adventure, you chose to be a wuss, wrung your hands, came up with excuses, whined to your he-man betters, and generally got your panties in a wad.

The Mid-Atl boys might win, but it’ll bet the SE guys drink the most beer, charm the most umbrella girls, have the most laughs and big s**t-eating grins, and generally have the best time.[/quote]

The master plan is to be at Nationals next year - like a mean lean fighting machine…

Ranger, I’ll supply the beer - and no little girley beer at that!

I can’t wait to see your head explode after the NE guys do a little midnight rewiring of your gauge package! I can see it now “How the f*** do I have 210lbs of oil pressure”

After all of the entertainment I’ve had reading this forum I’m looking forward to meeting you boys in person.

Anywho, Mid-Ohio for the Nationals is going to be spectacular!!! A fantastic track.

lmoorefx wrote:

You’re reading what the rule says, but not what it doesn’t say. :wink:
http://spece30.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,94/func,view/id,37341/catid,16/

PDS wrote:

I’m pretty happy-go-lucky, and I appreciate a good joke as much as the next guy. But my car and I have been thru a lot. It wouldn’t be my head that explodes.

no, it would be just like that guy in the Chapell show skit…your head would explode.

Steve D wrote:

[quote]lmoorefx wrote:

You’re reading what the rule says, but not what it doesn’t say. :wink:
http://spece30.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,94/func,view/id,37341/catid,16/[/quote]

Very nice! Wow you can really dissect these rules much more than I ever thought. So you basically have to start with a wheel that the mfg says is 13 but can by the rules take another half pound each off them.

But say starting with a 12.5 lb wheel is against the rules.