Where to stay at Watkins Glen

I’m considering making the drive up from NC for the Watkins Glen event in my SPEC E30 car. Couple of questions, first any idea what the SPEC E30 grid might look like and second, need some recommendations of where to get lodging in the area.

Thanks.

Keith

try these two, both historic watkins glen type places:

Glen motor inn- nicer

Seneca Lodge- a but dumpy but they have a great bar and restaurant on site

Seneca Lodge all the way! Even if you don’t stay there, don’t leave without visiting the bar. It’s a piece of racing history. Ask to see the finger :slight_smile: The restuarant does good steaks too.

Yes, go to the bar at the Seneca Lodge.

For hotels, The Falls Motel in Montour Falls is nice. Its just down the street.

I’m staying at Seneca Lodge. Unfortunately I took the last room, unless they have another cancellation. I heard the Budget Inn is ok too. If your on a tight budget, Glenn Motor Inn is a bit pricey.

We should get together at the Seneca Lodge Bar, maybe Saturday night?

We’ll be at the Seneca Lodge Bar every nite! We have to rub the “Big Beaver” Also - we left a few “NASA Candoms” there last time - need to make sure they are still hanging on the wall!

+1 on the falls inn, the Senca lodge bar is a most for any motorsport enthuaist. Also have had good luck with the budget inn, right in watkins glen and less expensive than the falls and still a clean room

Looks like I’m at the Seneca Clipper. EVerything was full except for the high-end stuff. Guy at the Budget recommended it and said they were just across the street.

Any feel for what sort of SPEC E30 field there might be? And what numbers would the Lightning group in general have?

Keith