Wow! Not a single post since Nov. '07!

Man, I knew the Socal SpecE30 contingent was very low but now appears to be non-existent? This does not bode well for anything that resembles racing down here. Not even sure why I’m writing this as I don’t think there’s anyone to read it. :frowning:

I’m reading it - I was in Socal last weekend, does that count?

I read it too…If/when there are some more cars in SoCal, I will definitely come down to Buttonwillow and play. I will probably come down for the first event at Buttonwillow. Are you in the process of building a car?

I watch the Socal board too, and may come down for the race at Cal Speedway in March. Victor (Beto) and Mike (UH60 guy) are both Socal, and Victor is actually racing (but apparently not posting) :stuck_out_tongue: .

With a couple of key things in place it will build up the same way that it built here - get a shop like Valley Motorwerks that wants to stand behind the series in SoCal and offer support, and get a guy like Motormuncher who organizes the whole group and got us to paddock together. In our case the gaggle of SE30s started to attract attention at every event and Steve made up some flyers and we talked to a lot of people that came by and referred them to the web site. Seems the interest is just growing - could be a mushroom effect this year.

I’m with Gry - Buttonwillow could be our Mason/Dixon line for getting North and South together - good times.

Robert, it does take time for the concept to catch on. But once it does (give it two years once the first race between two or three cars occurs) watch-out.

Like the Norcal area and like the other regions, it helps to have a cheerleader in the area. Your post proves there’s interest…It is time to get together and compare notes at the track.

In the meantime, overlook all of the mind-numbing chatter and realize that once race season starts the problems sort themselves out.

Regards, Robert Patton NASA SE guy

I live in SoCal and would really like to race in the Spec E30 series. I will get my comp license this year, probably in June when Driving Concepts offers their racing school next (after this month).

As some of you know, my track/HPDE car is no where near Spec E30 compliant (lots of M3 parts and modded engine). Lately I have been entertaining thoughts of either converting the car over to a Spec E30 platform or driving it for a while and then selling it to by an already built Spec E30 car.

Like all of us here, I’d like to see the series take off in SoCal. I think it does have a chance. Besides Victor and myself, I routinely see 2 or 3 other E30s in NASA HPDE. Steve Dais now drives a supercharged BMW E36 M3 with the BMW CCA.

Lets see if we can get a few Norcal guys to come down to Buttonwillow this year and see how it goes…

Age, you are going to Cal Speedway for sure? If so, let me know, I may come down…

Not for sure - the kids are on spring break so I’m working it out with the missus.

Ahh, good to hear all is not lost. Sorry if the original post sounded a little negative. I’ve been on and off these boards for a little over a year now tying to decide if I should build or go to another series (Honda Challenge, etc.).
I’ve had my comp. license for quite awhile now (2 1/2 years) and have been keeping myself busy at local tracks either instructing or running my Evo.
I’ve grown tired of sitting on the fence and need to make a decision either way.
I guess I was hoping to come back here and find a bunch of ‘in-progress’ posts but no such luck.
Not sure what my next move will be but hopefully I’ll be back here soon with build questions of my own. Thanks guys. Hopefully I’ll see some of you NorCal’ers @ Buttonwillow soon.

Let’s see.
The season finished in November. Then the holidays came. I was out of the country in January and then I started getting divorced.
Kind of busy, and not in the mood to be checking forums. I hope I can have my car back for Cali Speedway event since I already enrolled for the race.
My buddy in town coulnd’t find a donor car to buy and build, but he’s still looking.
I hope to see this group grow, feel kind of lonely out there.:wink:

sorry to hear the news Victor. hope things start to look brighter soon.
Igor

Looking brighter already!!B)