WS improved lap time, and w/e report

Wooohoooo…!!!
Last time I was there I did 1:49, yesterday my best time was 1:45, and I think I can do better when I learn how to take the "Budweiser" complex, and push a little more at the end of turn 9, but end speed around 100mph+ and shifting to fifth before turn 1 is not bad.
I’ll get the official time soon so we can update the records file.
Steve was flying and melting, literally, tyres. Battling with 944’s and Miatas, was nice to see it from behind :whistle:
I had an electrical problem Saturday during the race, I had to finish on five cylinders. Sunday I checked and didn’t have juice going to cylinder two. Thanks to Rob and Steve I was able to get the car back for Sunday’s race. It was the silly distributor cap, make sure you add that to your parts bin. I had to go to Lancaster to find one at PepBoys, Kragen on J Ave didn’t have it.
Hope to see you guys at Button after the Nationals vacation in October.

Nice job!! sounds like a hell of a race.

Glad you got it running! I have a extra cap at home sitting on the shelf, but I guess it doesn’t do much good there. Time to add it to the toolbox.

Times are up. You got down to 1:45.7 - nice job! Looks like Marty was in the 1:43’s, so you two were pretty close.

The thing about Willow is that your driving skills have less to do with your laptimes than does how fast you’re willing to try to take turns 9 and 1, and how far you’re comfortable with the back end hanging out on 2. This is why I’m able to do reasonably well there :P. I should have given you a ride - sorry for the offer and then not following through! Most people don’t realize how much traction there is to be had at this track. Finding it on your own can be kinda frightening.

Again, it was nice to see you all there at the track. Given the performance of the turbo, we’ve decided that we need more rubber and brake than can be accomodated with 15" wheels so we’re going to be selling most or all of our Kosei K1’s.

I wanted to give you guys first crack at them so we don’t have to worry about shipping. Let me know if you’re interested as I’ll be posting them for general sale soon.

Rob.
rob @ henretta.net

robh wrote:

[quote]Again, it was nice to see you all there at the track. Given the performance of the turbo, we’ve decided that we need more rubber and brake than can be accomodated with 15" wheels so we’re going to be selling most or all of our Kosei K1’s.

I wanted to give you guys first crack at them so we don’t have to worry about shipping. Let me know if you’re interested as I’ll be posting them for general sale soon.

Rob.
rob @ henretta.net[/quote]
well, I already have three sets, but none Kosei Ki’s. Do they include the RA1’s?
Going to WS Sept 1 and 2? Steve?

BETO wrote:

I signed up yesterday.

sdais wrote:

[quote]Glad you got it running! I have a extra cap at home sitting on the shelf, but I guess it doesn’t do much good there. Time to add it to the toolbox.

Times are up. You got down to 1:45.7 - nice job! Looks like Marty was in the 1:43’s, so you two were pretty close.

The thing about Willow is that your driving skills have less to do with your laptimes than does how fast you’re willing to try to take turns 9 and 1, and how far you’re comfortable with the back end hanging out on 2. This is why I’m able to do reasonably well there :P. I should have given you a ride - sorry for the offer and then not following through! Most people don’t realize how much traction there is to be had at this track. Finding it on your own can be kinda frightening.[/quote]
Yeah, I was screaming one time when the rear got a "little" loose and I drove half tyre over the edge after turn 9 at 100mph. Turn 2 got lots of grip, I just can’t find the proper gear (and enough courage to avoid lifting at entrance), I reach the rev limiter in third, and fourth doesn’t get me above 4.5-5k’s.

sdais wrote:

[quote]BETO wrote:

I signed up yesterday.[/quote]
I’m aiming for Sunday.
BTW, I got the Bosch brand for cap and rotor now instead of the cheap PepBoys generic.

BETO wrote:

[quote]robh wrote:

[quote]Again, it was nice to see you all there at the track. Given the performance of the turbo, we’ve decided that we need more rubber and brake than can be accomodated with 15" wheels so we’re going to be selling most or all of our Kosei K1’s.

Rob.
rob @ henretta.net[/quote]
well, I already have three sets, but none Kosei Ki’s. Do they include the RA1’s?
Going to WS Sept 1 and 2? Steve?[/quote]

I only have one set left, but they include 225/50/15 RA1’s. Not going to WS that weekend but might be able to arrange something to meet you in order to drop these off. That’s a special offer for Spec E30 only :wink:

Here is a link…

Rob - I can take them up to Willow Springs next weekend also…

I can’t make it to WS this weekend.
Rob, I’m not going to get your wheels this time, buying new seat and xponder are taking my last funds for this year.

Sorry to hear that. As of last night there are only ~ 40 people signed up, or about 13 per run goup. Should be lots of open track to play with. The weather forecast for this weekend has been upped to 103, btw. :frowning: One of these days I’m going to have to invest in a coolsuit!

I did 1.5 hours at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 91 degree heat. I was very glad to see the checker.

Later, I did 2 hours at Moroso in Florida when it was 99 degrees, using a cool shirt. I was so fresh that I wanted to keep racing.

It’s that dramatic.

Carter

That’s why I got the cool shirt before the seat.