WTB: 325i or 318is for spec E30!! around SLO

Im looking for a spec e30 project in or around San Luis Obispo. Obviously Interior condition is not an issue. I would like it to have a dent free exterior with a decent looking paint job as I will be trying to keep this budget as low as possible. I plan on doing some autocross and other things with it as I am piecing it together for Spec E30. Any cars you know of that would make good donors will be nice to hear about. I am also gonna be looking for a lot of parts along the way. Its gonna take me a while to build the car because Im a part time Waitor and will be goin to school. thanks guys.

found a 89 325i with 200k with red exterior thats decent, no dents, little faded paint. I bought it for $1500 dude was asking $2500. Drivetrain is strong.

and now the real adventure begins!

there’s a bunch of candidates on Craigslist in various states of dis-repair.
I’m looking as well but still haven’t found ‘the one’.

Get a 325i or 325is. I honestly don’t think 318is is going to be competitive at certain tracks (like Willow big track, for example).

I was going to turn my 318is into a racer, but I decided to look for a 6-cyl car instead.

if u look at the second post, I did find and buy a '89 325i, 2- door, red. Anyone know a good cage builder in santa maria?? I figure it wont be too hard since there is a santa maria speedway right here.

Let me know what kind of parts you might be looking for. I have a ton of stuff right now and hard to find euro stuff. I can be reached at 310 420 0458 or email me at karzrtoyz@msn.com

thanks,
dave

just to add my endorsement of Dave - I bought my e30 from him and drove it back to Denver. It is currently still up on jackstands being built but it is a very solid car - nothing beats buying a socal car to start a build.
cheers,
bruce

karzrtoyz wrote:

[quote]Let me know what kind of parts you might be looking for. I have a ton of stuff right now and hard to find euro stuff. I can be reached at 310 420 0458 or email me at karzrtoyz@msn.com

thanks,
dave[/quote]

karzrtoyz wrote:

[quote]Let me know what kind of parts you might be looking for. I have a ton of stuff right now and hard to find euro stuff. I can be reached at 310 420 0458 or email me at karzrtoyz@msn.com

thanks,
dave[/quote]

I bought some weaves from him when I first got my car…good guy.

DOnt need a whole lot right now, just a drivers side projector, it is cracked and needs a new lens at least. I could also use and IS front lip spoiler (but who couldnt?). Other than that just a good roll cage.

So, you are going to start racing with us in Socal when? Please let me know, I was named the Regional Director for Socal and I’d like to be updated.
Glad to have you on board.
Yesterday’s race was taped for Speed Channel’s program Redline and they will air a clip soon, don’t know when. It was a good race, at least for me, but not for a fellow H4 driver who got "pushed"? (unoficial) to the wall before turn one.

My start date is really up to the car gods not me. I am shooting for a 1 year build time starting me off about this time next year. We will see though as I am not sure what is going to need to be replaced on my car yet. Glad to hear you had a good race. I am going to do my best to get as much practice in while building my car at local auto X events and open track days.

Being the Regional Director for SoCAL do you have any advice for me?? I know you got connects.

M5wanaB wrote:

[quote]My start date is really up to the car gods not me. I am shooting for a 1 year build time starting me off about this time next year. We will see though as I am not sure what is going to need to be replaced on my car yet. Glad to hear you had a good race. I am going to do my best to get as much practice in while building my car at local auto X events and open track days.

Being the Regional Director for SoCAL do you have any advice for me?? I know you got connects.[/quote]
Sure, get your car ready asap and get seat time. Start with the necessary to get you running, safety equipment is the most important part of building your car. Strip it and get the cage, that takes care of the most important safety device and it’s what takes most of your money and time.