Your favorite local bmw mechanic

Hi all,
Since I, as I am sure everyone else, had to deal with finding local and competent BMW mechanic, over time I ended up coming up with short list of my preferred (trusted) BMW shops. With time list grew a little from my own personal dealings as well as other people’s recommendations. I wanted to create a trusted resource for spece30 people, and bmw e30 enthusiasts in general, so I created a map of shops. Nothing novel as there are/were list in the past on the net, but some are either gone or….
While locally (bay area) I can confidently recommend shops, I would like to get some input on your local shops. I already populated database with some shops all over US and I would appreciate if you can comment on them (if they are bad I’ll remove them) as well as recommend good known shops and I’ll add them.

Go here to find local BMW mechanic

Map will try to automatically locate you and present local data, but it might be off at times (I am working on it). For example this is what I see when I visit the page (you can notice my two sponsoring shops standing out :slight_smile: ). You can pm me through the board with recommendations or go to about page on the site and sent them through there. (also if you can let me know if they are general mechanic, body shop, cage builder, etc.)

Regards,
Igor

Igor wrote:

[quote]Hi all,
Since I, as I am sure everyone else, had to deal with finding local and competent BMW mechanic, over time I ended up coming up with short list of my preferred (trusted) BMW shops. With time list grew a little from my own personal dealings as well as other people’s recommendations. I wanted to create a trusted resource for spece30 people, and bmw e30 enthusiasts in general, so I created a map of shops. Nothing novel as there are/were list in the past on the net, but some are either gone or….
While locally (bay area) I can confidently recommend shops, I would like to get some input on your local shops. I already populated database with some shops all over US and I would appreciate if you can comment on them (if they are bad I’ll remove them) as well as recommend good known shops and I’ll add them.

Go here to find local BMW mechanic

Map will try to automatically locate you and present local data, but it might be off at times (I am working on it). For example this is what I see when I visit the page (you can notice my two sponsoring shops standing out :slight_smile: ). You can pm me through the board with recommendations or go to about page on the site and sent them through there. (also if you can let me know if they are general mechanic, body shop, cage builder, etc.)

Regards,
Igor [/quote]

Don’t forget www.bimmerparts.com
Zygmunt motors in Doylestown, PA

I’ve been using RWL German Imports in Downtown ATL. After about 3 shops and my own haphazard replacement of parts they were the only ones that could figure out the fuel starvation issues that I was having. (or that really showed any interest in taking it on and figuring it out)

Brendan Digel is a NASA racer (GTS class though boo), and Bob the owner has raced I think everything under the sun and worked on IMSA cars in the 80’s.

They’re known in town for mostly Porsche’s but since Bob and Brendan both drive BMW’s I think we know what that says…

Thanks guys - I added both shops to the map.

The guys at Bavarian Mechanic Works in Augusta, GA are great. They are members of the Independent BMW service Association (BIMRS).

Added Bavarian Mechanic Works to the map - thanks.