10/31-11/1 NJMSP - Thunderbolt

I’ll be there all three days. Wondering what size field we’ll have…

Best,
Josh

I have to bring the kiddies out for Trick or Treat so I wont be able to make it.

Jason

I’ll be there, renting from DriveGear. My car won’t be ready until next year.

I’ll be there as well and there are already 2 others signed up, so we’ll have at least 5, hopefully more. It would be awesome if we could end the season with another new record of entries.

Dashdog is one, are there gonna be any other DriveGear cars there?

How about the Axis crew, saw Justin is signed up, Matt and Pete you guys coming too?

Might get a little cold, but it’s going to be a fun weekend.

I had planned to be there but my car got a little banged up last weekend at VIR so I’m done for the year. :frowning:

rsott59 wrote:

Damn, that sucks. How bad is the damage?
btw, congrats on getting through comp school.

Thanks. I had a lot of fun.

I haven’t stripped parts off of it yet, but it seems to be mostly sheet metal. I was able to drive the car for the rest of the weekend. It didn’t seem to have affected the suspension alighnment, but the nose of the car is definitly tweaked to the right.

If it’s just cosmetic and nothing is going to fall off on track and you were able to race it after the incident, I say go to NJMP and then worry about the rest after. Do a little hammering/taping/painting maybe to make it look a little better, but it doesn’t need to be perfect.

secu wrote:

+1 - come on down.

I wonder if the stewards will let me race with the teeth on the grill…

You should run with the teeth, looks like they’ll add some drag or at least block air flow through the grill B)

Bob, since it is Halloween and I think there is going to be some sort of car costume contest (I think??) you can just leave the car as is and say it’s dressed up as a spec miata.

secu wrote:

[quote]You should run with the teeth, looks like they’ll add some drag or at least block air flow through the grill B)

Bob, since it is Halloween and I think there is going to be some sort of car costume contest (I think??) you can just leave the car as is and say it’s dressed up as a spec miata.[/quote]

:woohoo: That’s good!

It seems OK, but it’s beyond a “quick paint”. I thought about it but I would hate to haul everything down there and then get denied by the stewards for not meeting the 50/50 rule.

secu wrote:

Their registration page sucks… how do you sign up for the open track on Friday and the races on Saturday? https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/991

mrussell wrote:

[quote]secu wrote:

Their registration page sucks… how do you sign up for the open track on Friday and the races on Saturday? https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/991[/quote]

It’s listed as RACING with all 3 dates listed, allows the racers to have a lower price for Friday.

Oh damn, just realized you only wanted Saturday.

I guess sign up for DE 4 and one day of racing??

Just reach out to Suzan… I’m sure she’ll accomodate 1 race day

secu wrote:

[quote]I’ll be there as well and there are already 2 others signed up, so we’ll have at least 5, hopefully more. It would be awesome if we could end the season with another new record of entries.

How about the Axis crew, saw Justin is signed up, Matt and Pete you guys coming too?

Might get a little cold, but it’s going to be a fun weekend.[/quote]

I should add that I’m only doing the DE on Saturday and Sunday. No racing for me yet, comp school will hopefully be next season.

Dashdog wrote:

[quote]secu wrote:

[quote]I’ll be there as well and there are already 2 others signed up, so we’ll have at least 5, hopefully more. It would be awesome if we could end the season with another new record of entries.

Might get a little cold, but it’s going to be a fun weekend.[/quote]

I should add that I’m only doing the DE on Saturday and Sunday. No racing for me yet, comp school will hopefully be next season.[/quote]

I’m DE’ing my other car down there tomorrow - debating wheter to bring the studded tires or chains…

You can probably leave the ‘Cool Shirt’ at home.

Have fun

For the first time I am glad my car has issues and I wont be there with Josh. Rainy 40’s is not great weather for the track in my book.

Jason,

I won’t be there tomorrow either - I was supposed to leave MA at noon today, but didn’t get home until 8:30 - cold, rain, have to change brake pads and tires, and no sleep does not equal fun at the track…

-Josh