Roll Call: Auto Club Speedway

Lets try and get more than a 10 car field. Thanks to all for a great Button Willow weekend. How many of you took advantage of the Buy 3 races and get one Free.

Vogel Boys

I’ll be there - I signed up for all 3 and sent the email off but I haven’t gotten a reply yet.

With any luck, my car will be done by then and ready for a shake down. Now that weekend might be the shake down, but I am planning on being there. If it isn’t ready, I may just rent the #3 again.

SS

I plan on being there but in my SM… So we may see each other anyways :huh:

Still saving for my motor - I’m out for a while

I am also now considering a cool suit and working out specifically for hot weather racing.

[quote=“kgobey” post=58087]
I am also now considering a cool suit and working out specifically for hot weather racing.[/quote]

Killer setups, both in stock and ready to ship.

COOL SHIRT: http://www.weekend-racer.com/cool-shirt-suit-starter-pack-everything-you-need-p_159.html
F.A.S.T.: http://www.weekend-racer.com/fast-pro-series-cool-suit-system-with-shirt-mount-p_408.html

I have a special treat for all Spec E30 racers that make this race. It’s nothing big, but I bet you’ll all want one!!

I signed up for the buy 3 get 1 free deal…so I’m planning on being at all of them.

SS

Maybe Yes…

Hey So Cal guys…
Is there Friday practice available? Cost?
Also, what about camping at Funtana?

Only been there for kart racing in the past…so this could be a fun, new experience.

They usually only do the Friday practice on the first event of the year but you might try calling the track. It’s a really fun track but it’s not very complicated. Camping is free and encouraged. If you sleep in a tent though make sure you set up with something solid between you and the giant neon tower that they never shut off… ask me how I know. We usually paddock on the east wall of the paddock lot.

As of this morning (7/14) this is the list of those registered:

Steffen Thompson SpecE30
Matthew Thiemann SpecE30
Mike Vogel SpecE30
Frank Reed SpecE30
David Reed SpecE30
Team Sykes Racing SpecE30

Steve,
I called yesterday and they said “NO” to test and tune on Friday!

I will be there! Signed up yesterday.

Steffen Thompson SpecE30
Matthew Thiemann SpecE30
Mike Vogel SpecE30
Frank Reed SpecE30
David Reed SpecE30
Allan Hauser

[quote=“78kona” post=58454]I will be there! Signed up yesterday.

Steffen Thompson SpecE30
Matthew Thiemann SpecE30
Mike Vogel SpecE30
Frank Reed SpecE30
David Reed SpecE30
Allan Hauser[/quote]

I’m out this round. Going to a wedding in Santa Maria.

Chris

And the list keeps growing! This will be the second field of 8 or more cars…NICE!!!

A standing start on a banked straight would be a blast with everyone fish tailing to the left!!

Steffen Thompson
Matthew Thiemann
Mike Vogel
Frank Reed
David Reed
Team Sykes Racing
Allan Hauser
Capt. Slow Stepanian

We’ll miss you Chris!!..Kieran, no so much. :laugh:

LOL

Just funnin’ ya buddy!

Come on already…get the car together and let’s run.

Hell, I’ll even come help you!

We are still missing

1 Victor
2 Mid Night Oil
3 Team Road Runner
4 Chris
5 Kieran
6 Rius

We need 2 more to make a 10 car Field.

[quote=“vegasvogel” post=58605]We are still missing

1 Victor
2 Mid Night Oil
3 Team Road Runner
4 Chris
5 Kieran
6 Rius

We need 2 more to make a 10 car Field.[/quote]

Well, here is what I know…
1 Victor, ?2 Mid Night Oil, I will most likely be driving the #3 car as mine is not ready yet.
3 Team Road Runner, ?
4 Chris, Has a wedding and won’t be able to make it.
5 Kieran, Already booked for a drag queen competition in the Bay area and he has a better chance of winning that!
6 Rius, He is still working on getting his car back together.
7 Garrett, His car is not 100% yet, but might be by then. Rius may be able to work with Garrett so they can both run.

Hi Guys,
I am thinking more & more of coming down…I have the need for speed. I do have an obligation to help a friend have a fun day at BW with Speed Ventures on Saturday…Hoping I might be able to get out of that…If not, I may still come down on Saturday late afternoon & race Sunday.

Will keep you posted…Someone share with me the race format lowdown.