Thunder at the The Glen

I went over to NASA forums and found it!..hmmmmm

jrkoupe wrote:

do eet! drinks at seneca bar on me :slight_smile:

Looking for some help - I’ve had the hardest time finding rear (4door) door panel/cards…Of course during my build I threw them out!

If any of you who will be attending have some laying around I’d love to make a deal with you and we’ll exchange panel for danaro at the track!

Color of panel is of no concern to me…

Thanks!

When a rift in the space time continuum opened up and allowed me to qualify ahead of Johnny Allen at Pocono this weekend, he found it necessary to exercise his innate ability to bend the laws of physics and cleaned my clock.

Therefore I must give him the opportunity to do it again, thus removing all doubt about my actual position in the universe.

I’m signed up.

Also, it would be another chance for Dwight to scare the bejeesus outa me as he goes past in the grass. Again.

So get up there, ya bum.

PDS wrote:

[quote]Looking for some help - I’ve had the hardest time finding rear (4door) door panel/cards…Of course during my build I threw them out!

If any of you who will be attending have some laying around I’d love to make a deal with you and we’ll exchange panel for danaro at the track!

Thanks![/quote]

why do you need panels?

PDS wrote:

[quote]Looking for some help - I’ve had the hardest time finding rear (4door) door panel/cards…Of course during my build I threw them out!

Thanks![/quote]

You can always run by a Home Depot or Lowes and get a sheet of ABS plastic, cut it to size and screw it in with some sheet metal screws. They usually have sheets of it back in a corner some place. It will look racy and is cheap. Is easier then cutting aluminum. If they don’t have it a Sears Hardware, Ace Hardware, or old school hardware store will probably have some.

Jason you gonna make it? time to get to the track! what about your buddy who rented from us?

mahoneyj wrote:

[quote]PDS wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

You can always run by a Home Depot or Lowes and get a sheet of ABS plastic, cut it to size and screw it in with some sheet metal screws. They usually have sheets of it back in a corner some place. It will look racy and is cheap. Is easier then cutting aluminum. If they don’t have it a Sears Hardware, Ace Hardware, or old school hardware store will probably have some.[/quote]

Good advice, Thanks!

Unfortunately not this year. So no chance to redeem my illustrious or not so illustrious run from first to third on the last two turns last year.

So it looks like a perfect year of no events since the last event falls on Halloween. Don’t think the kids will let me get away with missing that, not that I would want to anyway. I will be back next season though.

My buddy keeps talking about getting out there but never seems to get the calendar to work out so he wont be able to make it either. I need to force him in a car next season though.

I do hope everyone gets two run groups though. Running a E30 with other big iron on track will be dicey at those closing speeds.

cmcintyre wrote:

[quote]
Also, it would be another chance for Dwight to scare the bejeesus outa me as he goes past in the grass. Again.

So get up there, ya bum.[/quote]

This is the real reason I’m not going to WG, because there isn’t enough grass anywhere to execute a pass. Too much armco. :silly:

It ain’t looking good for me being there, but with my eternal optimism the car is still strapped to the trailer just in case.

Just picture the Glen like a bowling alley, the armco is like the bumpers, you can use them to bump off then make a pass.:unsure:

Looking like a good turn out for Spec E30. I will be heading down to Mr Chicken for lunch Saturday, if anyone is interested.

Peter Thibault

OK, just registered for the event!!

Question - I don’t have a transponder yet - can I rent one at the track?

Also, where are you seeing the registration list?

Thanks

Paul you should be able to rent a transponder from Nasa, get it reserved early as they normally run out (at least in MA nasa). the entry list can be found on nasaforums.com under the northeast category

Thanks Andrew.

looks like an 8 car field… who else is in?

Add another to the list - My buddy Mike Fonte will be renting a car from Andrew (Drivegear) for the 3 days

sweet! let’s get it to 10 now - dwight where are you?

I think he’s afraid.B)

Jon allen is in too, that should be 11 I assume…

rsott wrote:

definitely… wuss :slight_smile: