Thunder at the The Glen

Johnny Allen, i thought that he was retired from racing :slight_smile:

Looking forward for the weekend. Hope lots of close hard racing like at NJMP. Just a shame we cant get these car counts for more NE races.

Where is the Spec E30 parking going to be?

Peter Thibault

Not sure. I was lucky enough to get a garage (21A) so I’ll be parked somewhere nearby.

PThibault wrote:

No, he’s just going to be slower now that he’s a Daddy. :lol:

PThibault wrote:

[quote]Where is the Spec E30 parking going to be?

Peter Thibault[/quote]

Near the 50’ black haulmark, which will be near wherever we can plug into electric

i got a garage too but i suspect i’ll be hanging out at the drivegear trailer for the free booze :slight_smile:

Nothing’s free baybay. Is this your first SE30 race?

yup. wet behind the ears rookie… :slight_smile:

Great time this past weekend with bmwcca at the glen, cant wait till this weekend. Here is the updated list, I would expect a couple more too. Sean C. any chance we get our own green flag?

Spec E30 Robert Ott
Spec E30 Kishantha Galappatti
Spec E30 Peter Thibault
Spec E30 Sean Curran
Spec E30 Christian McIntyre
Spec E30 Greg Sterman
Spec E30 Andrew Zimmermann
Spec E30 Paul Stoddart
Spec E30 Mike Fonte
Spec E30 Jon Allen

Just called about a dozen hotels and they are all full due to a marathon. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Paul

nevr2L8 wrote:

[quote]Just called about a dozen hotels and they are all full due to a marathon. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Paul[/quote]

Camping is allowed. we put down air mattreses in our enclosed trailers…

Hope the forecast gets warmer, im tenting it.

I vote for the Honda Express for the unofficial pace car.

Peter Thibault

nevr2L8 wrote:

[quote]Just called about a dozen hotels and they are all full due to a marathon. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Paul[/quote]

Try calling the B&B’s that line Lake Seneca. There are a bunch. Try some websites that cover B&B’s vs hotels.

Jason

Psyched for this weekend. Been super busy so I’ve been missing from this thread, but it’s going to be a good weekend. I have a few engine hurdles to clear, but am hoping to be good to go tomorrow.

Andrew, there should be no problems with us starting at the back together. I’ll have to find out if we will get our own pace car or if we’ll have to pace ourselves and gap the field.

I know I won’t have a problem being at the back of the field!

mahoneyj wrote:

[quote]nevr2L8 wrote:

Thanks
Paul[/quote]

Try calling the B&B’s that line Lake Seneca. There are a bunch. Try some websites that cover B&B’s vs hotels.

Jason[/quote]

Good call!
In case anyone needs this info, I found a very rustic little place on the Chamber of Commerce website. Its 3 miles north of the village for $89 a night. Lakeside Resort 607-535-4232.
Weather for Saturday looks sunny 58 and Sunday 30% chance of rain and 55.
Paul

Tried to upload a bunch of photos from Saturday, but I’m having a little trouble. Anybody have any suggestions? Either the uploader is broken or I’m a bit technologically deficient.

Just wanted to congratulate everyone for an awesome weekend at the Glen. The racing was fantastic and the group really gelled quickly. Everyone was impressed with how clean and close the racing was. Special congrats to Drive-gear.com own Jon Allen who picked up two wins in the #87 DriveGear machine and the WGI Spec E30 track record.

Just finished my first Spec E30 weekend at the Glen…

After spending a year building the car I can now say that it was well worth it. As Andrew says, the racing was great. I can’t say enough about the absolute f… great time I had.

I also want to throw a shout out to Andrew & Jon from Drivegear. From being invited to park in their compound, to their above & beyond willingness to help a newbie, all I can say is they are a class act!!!
From the close racing to the camaredere amongst us all the weekend was above my expectations. Did I also mention that these cars are an absolute ball to drive.

I have’nt had that much fun racing in a long time. God willing, I’m here to stay!

WOW what a great race weekend! Despite getting yelled at all weekend, the racing was great, and the Spec E30 people are fantastic. Congrats to Johnny for the wins, those Drivegear cars are fast! Its great that we all have great respect for one another, that we can run wheel to wheel like we do. I guess that is why this series is growing like it is.

Saturdays Race
http://www.vimeo.com/15543357

Sundays Race
http://www.vimeo.com/15542574

And the 944, the owner said that i hit him. What do you guys think? It was practice!!!

http://www.vimeo.com/15542251

Thanks for everyone that stopped to help Justin and I out when our trailer bearing exploded. Was able to get it fixed and make it home.

Peter Thibault

WTF??

You didnt vary your line, he should have a street drivers lic…