Who's going to Buttonwillow in April?

April 26-27, to be exact.

I just signed up and will be in HPDE 3 with my E30. I’ll have real decals/numbers on this time, LOL!

This is my favorite track.

I really wanted to make this one, but I think I will have to wait for another one of the Buttonwillow dates to come down…

Ill be there in HPDE 3 in my 95 M3. The E30 will be at the cage builders. Stop by and say hi. #111

I hope the car is ready after my encounter with a solid barrier at turn 18 before the main straight last event. They should change those barriers to a softer type.
I need to register, but there is no Spec E30 class listed. I guess they don’t want me:P

Victor, great seeing you again. After your encounter I had a higher level of respect and awareness of that so-called “tire” barrier! We were getting pretty quick through there during the race on Saturday and cut it close a few times. Good speed getting that dent pulled out! I haven’t decided whether I’m coming to BW yet - thinking about it.

Yeah, tyre barrier my behind. I asked NASA to reconsider those barriers for softer barriers. That’s a nice turn to gain speed-momentum before the main straight.

Age wrote:

Don’t do it…I may be tempted to come if you do…:silly:

Temptetion is a good motive to drive down there.

It’s the schedule not the distance. It would be 3 out of 4 weekends in a row at the track - with family and coaching little league, realistically I will probably have to pass on this one guys. Have a great time, see y’all soon.

Hmmmmm…
Take the little leaguers on a road trip to watch coach AJ win a race, how about now?
Just kidding, I know how it is, that’s why I limited my track time to once a month, with three kids, a business and getting divorced I have my hands full, not to mention tax time, so much paperwork I neglected during the year. I promise this year I will do better, that’s what I said last year.

Ok, so I have two future racers finishing their cars, right? when are you going to join me in the “racing world”? I want to have at least 5-6 cars in Socal this year.

I may still come down. Its the schedule and running out of funds for me. I really want to get a group together at buttonwillow. I will see if I can get a few guys from norcal to come down with me. Will your car be fixed by buttonwillow?

Better be, I told my body shop they are running out of time, it was supposed to be done mid next week, but there was a delay getting the rear quarter panel. did you know they are discontinued in usa and need to get it from Germany and cost like $1k? I ordered from a junk yard, and getting a fresh paint on the hood and trunk.
I took the car first thing Monday morning, and they are already working on it, just waiting for the “new” part.
I need to get my second car ready.

Ill be at BW, unfortunately not in my E30. I just FINALLY got my parts from IE so I am going to try to get the suspension on the car this week. Then, cut the Sunroof out, then I can do the cage. But I doubt it will be done in time for the april event. Maybe in time for WSIR? I will be running a white '95 M3 in HPDE3.

Hi all spec e30 racers,
I am coming down from norcal and was wondering how many spec e30s would be racing.
Mike

bemowo wrote:

[quote]Hi all spec e30 racers,
I am coming down from norcal and was wondering how many spec e30s would be racing.
Mike[/quote]

Should be three of us mike. Unless someone I know brings their car with them when they come…B)

I can’t wait. Are either of you going to be there for the test day on friday?

I’m heading down on friday.
I want to get some laps in befor the race. I’ve never driven buttonwillow.
Whats the drill with friday?
Mike

grydemon wrote:

[quote]bemowo wrote:

[quote]Hi all spec e30 racers,
Mike[/quote]

Should be three of us mike. Unless someone I know brings their car with them when they come…B) [/quote]

Well, FWIW I am bringing my Black BMW - the 540iM that is :wink: The E30 still has a boo boo. I’ll be cheering on the E30s and lend a hand if needed. Mostly I’m planning on doing a few Mazda test drives in HPDE4 and crew in the enduro.

bemowo wrote:

[quote]
Whats the drill with friday?
Mike[/quote]

Well, I don’t know as I have never been to a test day. I think I am going to try to make it for half a day on Friday, as I have never run the track in that direction, or configuration for that matter. Are you planning on a full day, or a half day?

I hope to get in a 1/2 day, it all depends on traffic driving down.
Where did you find the info on track direction and lay out?
Mike