Whose building a car in NE right now?

Plan to have mine done this winter.

Hoping to see 2-3 more cars in the NE next season. What’s left to complete? Here’s my to-do list:

• cage
  • right side net
  • new belts (current ones are SFI rated and expire by end of 2009)
  • crank scraper/baffle and maybe accusump
  • switch GC suspension to Spec
  • usual winter maintenance items
  • need to order tires

Anyone on the fence needing a push ? :slight_smile:

-kish

Kish,

I am building one, but that is on hold until the job market picks up or sales pick up.

To Do:
Seats and harness
Door bars
Driver side net
Fire system
Brake Ducts
Tires
Steering wheel hub/quick release

Here’s what is left for mine…

Mount kill switch
Mount Transponder
Mount window and center nets
Get stickers

dan, hope you finish it up soon. for fire system check out the SPA AFFF 4L from bimmerworld.

OriginalSterm wrote:

[quote]Here’s what is left for mine…

Mount kill switch
Mount Transponder
Mount window and center nets
Get stickers[/quote]

very close!! on yeah i forgot stickers :slight_smile:

Mount kill switch
Buy and mount fire ext./sys.
Buy & mount Transponder
Apply stickers
Pass Comp License in October

Bob

Car has been done for a year. Finally got the HANS and the transponder.

Problem though is I will probably run with Mid-Atlantic. Summit is equidistant and vastly superior to Pocono for me and I know the track.

I’m building one, but won’t be ready to race (more me than the car) until the 2011 season.

ddavidv, i’ll be at most of the SPR MA events too. i know that track pretty well. plus i got an awesome place to stay down there.

I’m kind of in progress right now but I’m just going to be starting HPDEs next summer. I was originally planning to do HPDEs this summer and next and then start racing the next year but I had some problems come up that prevented me from doing any track days this summer. Most likely I’ll be following this route:

Summer 2010: HPDEs (Hopefully up to group 3 if possible)
Summer 2011: HPDEs (Group 4 -> Petition for License)
Summer 2012: Start racing (Hopefully)

I’m hoping to have the car (and myself) ready for competition 2010 (Comp school at Pocono in May) I have at least 3 more DE events scheduled this year with the M3; two at WGI, one at Pocono and possibly an autocross or 2 as a bonus. Maybe I can sneak another one in somewhere, but football season is quickly approaching. If the car is ready, I will do a test DE at SPR or NJMP in April, if there is one scheduled that early.

Status of my build = Way behind schedule!

There are more NE spec e30s than you think. The problem is getting them all to the track at the same time. The bigger NE fields of cars, might attract some MA cars to race something other than SPR and VIR :wink:

So get finished with your builds fast!!!

Peter Thibault

Peter,

I would get mine done faster if I had some help;)

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? :unsure:

bodeecat wrote:

what help are you looking for?

PThibault wrote:

[quote]There are more NE spec e30s than you think. The problem is getting them all to the track at the same time. The bigger NE fields of cars, might attract some MA cars to race something other than SPR and VIR :wink:

So get finished with your builds fast!!!

Peter Thibault[/quote]

Yup. Although i don’t mind heading down to spr. it’s only 4hrs for me. VIR is a treat but a long ass tow :slight_smile: Do we ever race at WGI?

kishg wrote:

October 3-4

http://www.nasanortheast.com/schedule.html

Any help I can get. I’m certainly not a ‘mechanic’, but I am mechanically inclined. I try to get my wife to help, but she works full time and is taking some college courses, so isn’t available most the time. I have too many of questions and need guidance. My biggest obstacle is the fear is doing something incorrectly, then having to go back and do it again.

I was at WGI last Oct. for the Nasa ‘Thunder at the Glen’ and hopefully will be there this year too. (Oct. 2, 3 & 4) At this time, I am scheduled to be there Aug 25 & 26 for a BMWCCA Driving School. Really looking forward to getting back there.

Didn’t see any SE30 racers last year, but there were a few E30s doing DE. Actually, Bob Shields from NC was my instructor that day…and a top notch instructor he was. There was also a pink e30 there if I recall correctly.

WGI is an absolute BLAST!!! I suggest you go if you haven’t been there. You won’t be disappointed. I cannot imagine that there is a better track on the east coast…BAR NONE! We should get together and head up there. Where are you located? It takes me about 2.5 hours, towing my vehicle.

Definitely can’t wait til you guys are out there racing. If anyone needs a hand with anything let me know and I’ll help out, I’m in north jersey. I think a lot of us in the NE aren’t spread too far from each other, so there should always be someone nearby to help, give advice, etc.

Like others already said, we go to WGI and it is awesome. I missed last years event (Pantas from the SE was the pink E30 I think), but was there the year before and should be there again this year. With the glen, LRP and the 2 tracks at NJMP, the NE has some of the better tracks and facilities available to us, just need the car counts to match. Hopefully, future schedules don’t conflict so much and more MA guys will come up to NJMP or maybe even the glen.

Elephant4 wrote:

[quote]kishg wrote:

October 3-4

http://www.nasanortheast.com/schedule.html[/quote]

doh… tks simon.