Whose building a car in NE right now?

Bumping this from the grave…Questions for winter track deficiency:

Any new builds? How are the other builds coming along? There’s a comp school in April, anyone attending? Will the gods stop interfering and let Kish make it to a race this year :woohoo: ? Will there still be snow on the ground at the season opener?

hey, i made it to sebring in jan, i take that as a good omen! See you in April.

My car is looking more race-ready. Cage is in and I’m trying to get everything else (ie window nets, cutoff switch etc) done before the season. I’m still in DE2, so Comp School is still a ways off for me. I figure it’ll be good to have the car as completed as possible for practice purposes. I’ll be at NJMP in April, hope to meet everyone there.

Christian - Did you get that annoying hole in your motor plugged? Will we see you at NJMP in April?

I have moved to NorCal for the season, so maybe next year.

I am building my e30 every spare minute I have. I will only be doing some driving schools this year, but I hope to be racing within the next two seasons. All depends on when I get my license and how my budget looks. Can’t wait to come check you specE30 racers.

I am back this season and will split time between NE and MA. My buddies have three other cars under construction. One should get done before the season starts and hopefully the other two will get done this year.

I’m still doing the slow build on mine… been working on the driver for the most part, but now that I’m cleared for hpde3 I’ll start the build again.

Still need a cage, front & rear sways w/ reinforcements, fire suppression, cut-off switch, front camber plates. Oh did I mention also still need an M20? Ha!

I’ve been looking forward to dicing it up with eveyone for a while now. Maybee by next season.

:blush: whoops… forgot this was a North East Region thread :blush:

[attachment=1398]37small.JPG[/attachment]
Andrew and Jon from Drive Gear got me oriented last season. I ran a couple DE’s and just registered for the 9-10 April event at SP.

The car is certainly underway. The only performance bit left is sway bars, and I’m looking for a race seat. I plan on installing a cage between events sometime this season and finishing prep over the winter. I think it’s likely I will apply for my comp liscense sometime next year.

If anyone in the Allentown area needs a hand, let me know.

Not building one but looking to possibly pick up a good car. If you know of one in the NE shoot me a PM.